* 12 to 15 pieces of Oreo cookies (chop the rest of the Oreo – 3 to 5 pieces)
* 2 tbsp melted butter
* 450 ml evaporated milk
* 4 tbsp sugar
* 2 tbsp cornstarch
* 2 teaspoon gelatin powder (clear and unflavored)
* 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate
* 3/4 cup whipping cream or all purpose cream
What you need:
- 450 ml tub (or microwavable container)
1) Crush the Oreo cookies into crumbs.
2) In a bowl, combine crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter. Mix well.
3) In a 450 ml tub (microwavable containers will do also) , put a layer of Oreo mixed with melted butter then set aside.
4) Chop 3 to 5 pieces of Oreo cookies. Set aside.
5) In a saucepan, add or mix evaporated milk, sugar, cornstarch and gelatin powder. Mix well until all powder is dissolved. Cook in low heat until it boils. Stir continuously to avoid lumps and burning in the bottom. Remove from heat when it becomes thicker. Add the chopped Oreo cookies.
6) Add a layer of milk mixture. Let it cool completely.
7) In a bowl, microwave the dark chocolate for 1 minute then add all purpose cream or whipping cream. Pour melted chocolate mixture (chocolate ganache) over Oreo and milk mixture. Let cool and set then add toppings.
8) Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour to set.