* 390 grams condensed milk
* 1 cup Devondale full cream milk (or evaporated milk)
* 1/8 cup cornstarch
* 2 egg yolks
* 370 ml all purpose cream
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 tbsp white vinegar or rice vinegar
* 1 tsp vanilla essence
* 2 cups hot water
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
* 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup cocoa powder
* 1 cup powdered milk
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp instant coffee powder
* 1/2 cup evaporated milk
* 2 cups Goya dark chocolate, chopped
1) Combine condensed milk, evaporated milk, cornstarch and egg yolks.
2) Cook mixture until thickened.
3) Add all-purpose cream and cook until thickened.
4) Cover and chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
5) Combine vegetable oil, white vinegar, vanilla essence, hot water and white sugar.
6) In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, powdered milk, salt and instant coffee powder.
7) Combine wet and dry ingredients.
8) Pour cake batter into the lightly greased pan.
9) Tap few times to release air bubbles.
10) Steam for 50 to 60 minutes or 1 hour over medium low heat.
11) Remove cake from pan then cool completely.
12) Cut the cake.
13) Add brigadeiro filling on top and chill for 30 minutes.
14) Heat the evaporated milk.
15) Pour hot milk over chocolate. Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
16) Add chocolate ganache on top of the brigadeiro filling.
17) Add chocolate flakes or toppings (optional)
18) Chill until ready to serve.
* I used the Devondale full cream milk as substitute for the evaporated milk in making the brigadeiro filling.
*Trivia: Brigadeiro is known as a traditional Brazilian dessert that’s created by a confectioner from Rio de Janeiro.