* 1/2 bar browned butter
* 50 grams white sugar
* 75 grams dark brown sugar
* 1 piece egg
* 125 grams bread flour (or 3rd class flour)
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 150 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
2) Melt butter for 5 minutes until deep brown in color.
3) Whisk melted butter to cool. Add white sugar and dark brown sugar until caramel in color and sugars are dissolved and no longer warm.
4) Add egg. Beat slowly with whisk so as not to incorporate too much air.
5) Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir with spoon until smooth. Do not overmix.
6) Fold in the chocolate chips using hand or silicone spatula.
7) Scoop the cookie dough onto baking sheet 2″ apart to give room for spreading.
8) Bake at 180 C or 350 F for 8 to 10 or 12 minutes. Edges should be light brown and middle is set.
9) Cool on a wire rack.